2019 Federal Legislative Agenda
- We support the expansion of the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) Program.
- We support the direct allocation of Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) funds to all MPOs, regardless of population, by removing the current 200,000 population threshold requirement.
- We oppose the FAA's 2013 rule that requires pilots and co-pilots carry an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate requiring a minimum of 1,500 flight hours, now called the "1,500 Hour Rule" (the prior requirement was roughly 250 flight hours). The rule mostly impacts regional (i.e. rural) trunk carriers where 1,500 hour pilots are difficult to find, thus creating a pilot shortage and curtailing regional air service.
- We support transparency and consistency in drug pricing through pharmacy benefit managers.
- We oppose the carrier fee, which is a hidden cost of health insurance and results in businesses being taxed 3-5% of premiums.
- We support the continuation of coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- We support Association Health Plans to make group health insurance available and affordable through the collective buying power of associations.
Labor, Education & Workforce
- We support federal funding for quality rated child care programs that serve to impact low-income and disadvantaged families of children, ensuring that children are prepared to enter school, and enabling parents to enter the workforce.
- We support increasing the minimum salary threshold for triggering automatic eligibility for overtime to no more than $35,000.
Economic Development and Taxation
- We support efforts to reduce taxes for small businesses and reduce burdensome regulations on business.
- We support marketplace fairness and universal collection of retail sales taxes.
- We support full implementation of universal portability of military spouse professional licenses to facilitate career transitions.
- We support all efforts to enhance quality of life for military families including improvements in K-12 public education.
- We support efforts to expand broadband internet service in areas where military bases are located.